This is super easy and can be done fairly quickly. I'll do the recipe in 2 parts so you can distinguish what you need for what.
Cajun Baked Tofu
1. 1 block extra firm water-packed tofu
2. 1/2 cup of flour
3. 1 cup Cajun style fish breading (This is REALLY spicy, so if you don't want to feel the burn, so to speak, use less breading or more flour)
4. Spices: garlic powder, crushed red pepper, black pepper-to taste. These really just accent the rest of the breading, so use them as you see fit.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.Drain and cut tofu into 4 blocks.
3. Coat tofu slices with breading mixture.
4. Lay on greased cookie sheet or aluminum foil.
5. Bake. Check at 10 minutes for desired crispy-ness. We baked this for about 20 min altogether, checking every 5.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before eating. Side with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Now for the Mac and "Cheese"
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 and 3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
A pinch of turmeric
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
1/2 box of macaroni
2 cups frozen broccoli (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and put in pasta.
2. In separate sauce pan, heat margarine until liquid.
3. Add flour to margarine and stir.
4. Add water
5. Add garlic powder, salt, soy sauce, and turmeric and stir.
6. Keep stirring until sauce begins to thicken.
7. Add nutritional yeast and continue stirring.
8. When macaroni is cooked al dente, place broccoli in water. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is hot. Strain pasta and broccoli. Place back in pot.
9. Add nutritional yeast "cheese" sauce on top of pasta and stir. Viola!
This is an excellent "down home" meal that can satisfy your cravings for a southern-style meal. Makes the hot weather even hotter!